Our Vision is to bring passionate people together to work hard, have fun and inspire each other.
- ECA is a leading designer and manufacturer of power, charging, data and electrical solutions. This role prepares clear, complete and accurate detail & assembly drawings from rough or detailed sketches, notes or computer layouts by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Supports New Product Development process and identify improvements and propose changes.
- Communicates project status on a regular basis highlighting issues and solutions to keep project on schedule.
- Prepares and/or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Creates detail fabrication drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, sheet metal, plastics, mathematics, and other physical sciences to complete designs and drawings.
- Structures and modifies Bills of Material as needed in the development of products.
- Makes and documents any design adjustments or changes necessary for the better production of the product.
- Investigate and completes Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
- Completes Custom Product Request (CPR) as needed.
- Work with manufacturing to identify and resolve issues quickly to keep production going.
- Participates on project team of moderate complexity.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software as well as any other software needed in the completion of job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other related field with one-year experience in similar position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Proficient in Solidworks
- UL/CSA/ETL standards
- Enthusiastic team player
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership to seek out answers
- Upholds organizational Values
- Proficient Mathematical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Works in a safer manner
Ability to read and write detailed documents, reports and internal and external correspondence. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as speak effectively before groups of associates as required. Ability to read, analyze, interpret and create complex drawings and Bills of Materials. Be able to communicate opinions and ideas effectively and professionally in a high energy collaborative environment.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.