ECA is seeking an experienced Customer Service Specialist for our Shelton, CT facility!! The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and is a motivated self-starter. The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for establishing working relationships with internal and external customers to ensure management of the entire customer order cycle, from initial quote through order management & shipment, to meet customer expectations.
If you believe strongly in a team environment, then we would love to speak with you about this position!
The required tasks include responding to all customer inquiries and reporting requirements, completing daily order management (open order status/expedites/de-expedites), addressing shipping & logistics concerns, coordinating quoting & pricing, supporting technical ECN activity (interpreting prints and specifications), ensuring ERP system compliance, addressing customer concerns & problem solving, participating on customer related project teams, managing Customer based web-sites, and working with various functional departments internally to ensure all customer expectations are met while helping to meet Dekko business objectives.
- Act as primary contact to support and resolve all customer inquiries and concerns.
- Enters and manages all activity associated with incoming customer purchase orders via EDI, RMS or manual order entry to ensure contracts are met and all relevant data is accurate & entered into the ERP system in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with the operations team to determine accurate ship dates including the handling of expedites, de-expedites, cancelations and open order status reports to keep the customer informed on the status of their orders.
- Facilitates daily/week/monthly meetings required by the customer to provide order status updates or updates on various customer related projects.
- Maintains all required ERP system parameters, files and entry activity associated with order management. (i.e. Xref, price files, Order entry files/Address Master/Customer Notes)
- Compiles and validates customer scorecards, KPI’s or other statistical reports as required
- Manages necessary activity via Web-Portals required by customers
- Maintains all relevant correspondence including email, PO’s, reports, etc. as required by departmental electronic filing & ISO/Compliance requirements
- Initiates & coordinates various TQC process workflows throughout the organization to ensure activity is completed in a timely manner to meet customer expectations. (i.e. ECN for Finished goods/New Customer set-up/Credits-Debits/New Business projects/Quotes)
- Serves as liaison between customer, manufacturing, quality, engineering, shipping and finance as required.
- Coordinates and resolves all logistics issues including resolution on lost or damaged shipments, quoting and scheduling expedited shipments including maintain the logistics database & all shipping instructions in customer note files as it pertains to customer service.
- Provides technical support for products, services, problem solving or other requests as they relate to OEMs, Dealers and Independent Reps including engaging the appropriate people organizationally or gathering relevant data as required
- Enters & maintains relevant information in the Dekko CRM system
- Attends customer visits or on-site meetings with customers as required by the Commercial Sales team
- Performs back-up activities for other markets & customer accounts as required.
- Ensure all customer demand forecasts received are sent to the Forecast Planning Manager.
- Handles quote requests, price updates, and commodity adjustments as required.
- Investigate and resolve all credit memo(s)/invoice issues associated with order entry or pricing errors.
- Coordinates & supports customer specific programs including DTD, VDR, 24/24 and drop ship programs as required by the customer.
- Work closely with the Commercial Sales team to convey and communicate customer inquiries not related to order management (i.e. Samples, customer requested reports, special labeling, PPAPs or other requested information, RMA’s, Credits).
- Assist and support the Commercial Sales team by team providing services and information as requested (IE. Reports, presentations, new customer set-up/New business/quote entry or any other projects as required)
- Perform all other tasks as required by specific customers and/or the Customer Service manager or Commercial Sales team as needed.
- Customer Focus/Servant mindset to support internal and external customers
- Positive/Can Do attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a team as required
- Strong sense of Urgency
- Critical thinking/Problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Technical ability to read prints and specifications
- Project management experience.
- Proficiency with various software applications such as BPCS, ETQ workflows,
- Microsoft Office suite and Dekko CRM system.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Flexibility to adjust to a fast pace environment
- Continuous improvement mindset (on-the-job and with self).
- Experience coordinating and working as a liaison between functional areas.
- Ability to perform data entry in a timely and accurate manner
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Preferred Associate Degree in Business or similar discipline or equivalent 3 years Customer Service experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Would consider equivalent experience in Production Control or scheduling in lieu of education or Customer Service experience.